Web developer job
£28,000 - £32,000
London-centric, but with remote working encouraged
There are no specific qualifications listed for this role. We are more interested in your experience and attitude than where you learned your skills.
Who we are
We are a digital and branding studio that enjoys creating solutions which actually work, for the most important organisations in our society. Our clients are almost all charities, universities or social enterprises.
Some of our recent projects include:
- Building a new website for Autistica – the UK’s leading autism research charity – https://www.williamjoseph.co.u...
- Creating a digital service for a University of Exeter academic study, researching cognitive capabilities in the over 50s – https://www.williamjoseph.co.u...
- Developing a new identity and website for Trees for Cities – a world leading charity brand – https://www.williamjoseph.co.u...
We’re a small but effective team that collaborates constantly. We can handle complex briefs, because all our people operate at a high level, whilst being expert in the best practices that produce great creative work.
Who we’re looking for
We’re steadily growing our team and eager to bring new voices and perspectives on board. As more and more of our work is being delivered through digital, we need development expertise to be a bigger part of the team.
Things you might find yourself doing
- Building Wordpress or Craft templates, from Adobe Creative Suite files
- Advising on the accessibility of design choices through the development process
- Creating an integration between a charity’s website and donation payment provider API
- Turning content wireframes into front end code to take to user testing
- Deploying a site you’ve built from a staging environment to live
- Developing ideas for how to extend a new charity brand to their website interactions
We want to hear from you if you
- Are a strong all-rounder with an interest in working across front and back end projects
- Are interested in working with a number of different PHP based content management systems - ideally with experience in building sites through Wordpress and Craft
- Can create HTML/CSS/JS templates for others to integrate with
- Are interested in build tools like Webpack or Gulp and CSS preprocessors like Sass
- Are an effective communicator who thrives off working collaboratively
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines on your own or within the team
- Possess great organisational skills
- Have fine attention to detail
What our clients say about our work
“You need a website agency that understands where your organisation is now – as well as where you want to be. We decided on William Joseph because of their emphasis on helping us become a ‘digitally mature’ organisation.”
What our team say about working here
"Working at William Joseph means being part of a talented team who all love what they do. Everyone’s creative and driven, which is inspiring to be around. We also do plenty of social things together, like visiting exhibitions and having team lunches, mostly during work hours. I genuinely enjoy coming to work every day”
If you're interested in the role, or would like to find out more - then email firstname.lastname@example.org